My mission statement~

I intend on "trying" to live a life that is about: not putting in my mouth things that are bad for me or have come from an animal that was treated cruely while alive on this earth and during slaughter, creating lasting fond memories for my children and grandchildren, adventure, challenging myself, respect others regardless of species, race, color or creed, taking risks, having fun, being grateful, respecting myself & my body, being authentically myself, taking responsibility for my actions, being proactive, being a problem solver, taking action, introspection, transition, change, honesty, growth, loving & helping others, having integrity, doing my best, being easy on myself, enjoying this world, becoming well read, seeing the wonder of it all and never allowing fear to hold me back!

Friday, August 29, 2008

Oh yea, I want a Vintage Vespa as well.........

.....................and I am a huge fan of Audrey Hepburn. Not only because she was a darling actress, and because she was so sweet, and because she was a good person, who cared for others and helped animals and children but because my mom looked like her. ( I got my blondish hair from my dad's side. Swedish) She didn't look "EXACTLY" like her of course but so much so that when I see pics of her I automatically think of my mother-who is deceased.

Anyhouser-I love several of her popular movies, as many others, and seeing this movie coupled with my love of motorized vehicles and disproportionate fantasies of romance, I wanted one of these scooters-
This one to be exact-A Vespa. And from this era, which would now make it vintage-


So here it is-butter yellow (remember the glorious butter yellow convertible in ya-ya sisterhood?! oh yummy) (Oh, yea, I want one of those as well, but then I'm done. ha-ha)

I came this ( can you see my fingers?) close to getting one this summer, but I chose to be responsible and hang onto hope. Being responsible is not fun:(




Peace out and Happy Friday!



4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE Audrey Hepburn and Roman Holiday. And Breakfast at Tiffany's. And Sabrina. I just adore her. The Vespa is sooo cute.

♥ Becky ♥ said...

I love Audry Hepburn too. And that little Vespa is to die for. I saw one at our state fair and just wanted it so bad.

♥ Becky ♥ said...

Hi Heidi, my kids and I are going to So Cal to visit friends. I actually just got back a couple of weeks ago from Chicago to visit my brother.

Mental P Mama said...

We are big Audrey fans as well. And now I want a Vespa. Thanks;)