My mission statement~

I intend on "trying" to live a life that is about: not putting in my mouth things that are bad for me or have come from an animal that was treated cruely while alive on this earth and during slaughter, creating lasting fond memories for my children and grandchildren, adventure, challenging myself, respect others regardless of species, race, color or creed, taking risks, having fun, being grateful, respecting myself & my body, being authentically myself, taking responsibility for my actions, being proactive, being a problem solver, taking action, introspection, transition, change, honesty, growth, loving & helping others, having integrity, doing my best, being easy on myself, enjoying this world, becoming well read, seeing the wonder of it all and never allowing fear to hold me back!

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Happy

10 simple secrets for a calmer and happier you!

Deal with difficult people gently
Tell yourself: “Only I can destroy my peace, and I choose not to do so.

Consider your words before speaking
Tell people: “Let me think about it”

Free yourself from feeling like a victim
Consider letting someone off the hook for a deed they committed.

Open your mind to new possibilities
Practice having a beginners mind-open to all.

Accept things as they are
Simple as that.

Trust that you can do it
Focus on effort, not results.

Allow yourself to truly listen to others
Develop listening skills.

Reflect before you send an email
Stop, close your eyes, and breathe for a few seconds.

Pause before you say too much
Consider what you are about to say before saying it.

Know when you can and can't help others
There are times when you CAN and CANNOT help others.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

excellent advice!