My mission statement~

I intend on "trying" to live a life that is about: not putting in my mouth things that are bad for me or have come from an animal that was treated cruely while alive on this earth and during slaughter, creating lasting fond memories for my children and grandchildren, adventure, challenging myself, respect others regardless of species, race, color or creed, taking risks, having fun, being grateful, respecting myself & my body, being authentically myself, taking responsibility for my actions, being proactive, being a problem solver, taking action, introspection, transition, change, honesty, growth, loving & helping others, having integrity, doing my best, being easy on myself, enjoying this world, becoming well read, seeing the wonder of it all and never allowing fear to hold me back!

Monday, May 17, 2010

Goals and aspirations

My goals and aspirations
a work in progress

*self- I aspire to be honest, courageous, morally sound, virtuous, disciplined, calm, loving, generous, service minded, encouraging, to not run away but face fears and bullies, be compassionate, be patient, to have a vision for all areas of my life, to have fun, be free-spirited, to take care of me: emotionally, spiritually and physically,

*parent- I aspire to admit my faults, work on correcting those faults, love unconditionally, be an encouragement to my children and grandchildren, lead by example, not punish but allow natural consequences to be the model of learning to be better, give freedom until they are a danger to themselves and then protect, to speak quietly, to calm down, to be patient, to lend a helping hand when asked not force my thinking on them, to say “I'm sorry, please forgive me” when needed,

*grandchild- I aspire to care and love as I was loved, to be patient during illness and ageing, to be patient because of differences, to be calm, to be diligent, to care with grace,

*student- I aspire to do my best, to be disciplined, to work hard, to never give up, to prioritize, to have a vision

*friend- I aspire to inspire, to uplift, to be of help, to have fun, to be honest and patient, to love unconditionally,

*home- I aspire to have a home that is warm, inviting, cozy, clean, clutter free, simple, organized,

1 comment:

Cynthia said...

Those are some great goals- seemingly impossible ones for me. My house is a TRAIN wreck right now and here I sit blogging rather than DEALING.