My mission statement~

I intend on "trying" to live a life that is about: not putting in my mouth things that are bad for me or have come from an animal that was treated cruely while alive on this earth and during slaughter, creating lasting fond memories for my children and grandchildren, adventure, challenging myself, respect others regardless of species, race, color or creed, taking risks, having fun, being grateful, respecting myself & my body, being authentically myself, taking responsibility for my actions, being proactive, being a problem solver, taking action, introspection, transition, change, honesty, growth, loving & helping others, having integrity, doing my best, being easy on myself, enjoying this world, becoming well read, seeing the wonder of it all and never allowing fear to hold me back!

Monday, August 31, 2009

frogs in the living room???

Happy Monday Y'all!

Court's man left her. She will raising Coop alone. She lives in the country. I have been staying with her. Last night we were watching TV and it was dark. Out of the corner of my eye I thought something moved. I looked and saw a dark blob (without my glasses). I was worried it was a huge spider. I just saw one Saturday. I told court about it and she turned on the light and it was a lil froggy. What it was doing in the house, I don't know. She picked it up gently and it back outside.




We have all kinds of critters out there. Two kitties were dumped out there. We caught one but the other was wild and scared and won't let us catch him. It is so sad. I saw him out by the road in the rain and he still wouldn't let me get him;(

What is the last animal or insect you encountered?

Happy Monday Y'all!

5 comments:

DesertHen said...

Spiders! We killed spiders all weekend while outside! Terrible, nasty, icky, blackwidow spiders! They have been so bad this year! I would much rather have frogs in my house!!!

Hugs to Courtney and Little Cooper! And you too....=)

Maureen said...

I live in Manhattan, so I have mice, but I also have a parrot - does he count?

That Janie Girl said...

So...

Froggy came a-courting, eh?

And neither of you kissed him?

GeckoGirl said...

My last encounter was a froggy too; a "peeper" frog the tiny little tree frog kind. he landed on my toes and I squealed just to make my niece giggle!!!

nollyposh said...

i believe that animals show up in our lives to give us little messages sometimes (For example) The Frog : is about cleansing... He promotes the understanding that it takes more energy and effort to hold in years of built-up emotion than it does to release it, and once released, the energy once wasted holding onto the emotional baggage becomes available to be employed in a productive, fruitful manner... Cats (particularly black) are about sensuality, self love, self worth... Ginger cat is about social work/counselors, while white cats are usually 'the tamers'... Generally cats are the healers (Quotes taken from Scott Alexander King's book: Animal Dreaming) x