My mission statement~

I intend on "trying" to live a life that is about: not putting in my mouth things that are bad for me or have come from an animal that was treated cruely while alive on this earth and during slaughter, creating lasting fond memories for my children and grandchildren, adventure, challenging myself, respect others regardless of species, race, color or creed, taking risks, having fun, being grateful, respecting myself & my body, being authentically myself, taking responsibility for my actions, being proactive, being a problem solver, taking action, introspection, transition, change, honesty, growth, loving & helping others, having integrity, doing my best, being easy on myself, enjoying this world, becoming well read, seeing the wonder of it all and never allowing fear to hold me back!

Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Waaaaaaaaa, I want my mama!


I woke up yesterday "feeling" a "sick" coming on.
My throat hurt and was swollen, my head hurt and I had gunk in my throat.
Last night my throat was just about swollen shut and I hurt all over.
I went to bed at 7:30 feeling awful.
I woke up at 11:30 in severe pain in all my joints and I couldn't breath. I took more Ibuprofen.
This morning I got up at 6:30 and will spare you the details of all the green gunk I got out of my head and throat by gargling and blowing my nose. My joints ARE killing me.
I took a hot bath with Espon Salts and am drinking lots of hot tea.
Waaaaaaaaaaaaa, I want my mama!
When you get REALLY sick................do you feel like a baby??????
Thanks for all the well wishes;) You are all sooooo sweet!

9 comments:

chelle said...

This sounds horrible. I am so sorry you are going through all this. Hope the green junk turns clear today! m

Anonymous said...

Okay...my boys gave it to me today! I feel miserable too! I did go vote, but now am curled up on the couch with my son's laptop and a big box of tissues! I am going to get up soon and make me some tea. Hang in there and I hope you get well soon. We can't have all the Heidi's down at the same time!!

Carin said...

Oh no, I feel so bad for you. My littlest boy is coming down with it, which means it is very likely to circle through the house. Hope you are feeling better soon!

♥ Becky ♥ said...

When I get really really sick I don't want to do or be anything. Especially a Mom at that moment in time. I have always had to suck it up and be everything anyways, but since my fiance lives with us now he is so helpful and lets me take the day off when I am sick, he does everything for me.

I sure hope you get better soon. It's no fun being sick especially when everything hurts.

Us said...

Bummer! I'm a baby but I do NOT want anyone near me! I don't like to be babied..just leave me alone with my cell phone, computer, book, coke and tv! : ) That sounds like a good place to be right now!

I hate that you are sick! Feel better soon!

Dana and Daisy said...

Here is my secret recipe hot toddy. 1 jigger of whiskey in a cup, fill remainder of cup with strong hot tea, squeeze 1/4 of a lemon and pour honey in it to taste.

Drink it till you fall asleep, when you wake up, have another cup.

Hope you feel better soon. Love, Dana

Leedra said...

Glad I got the flu shot, sounds like it might be a long flu season.

Michele said...

Oh... no.... this is too horrible to hear. THat's so super sad. You poor thing.
{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}
Get well quick.
Don't do anything but sleep. Drink lots of liquids and just take it so easy, my friend.
~Michele~

DesertHen said...

That nasty flu stuff is going around!! I'm so sorry you are sick...feel better soon.