My mission statement~

I intend on "trying" to live a life that is about: not putting in my mouth things that are bad for me or have come from an animal that was treated cruely while alive on this earth and during slaughter, creating lasting fond memories for my children and grandchildren, adventure, challenging myself, respect others regardless of species, race, color or creed, taking risks, having fun, being grateful, respecting myself & my body, being authentically myself, taking responsibility for my actions, being proactive, being a problem solver, taking action, introspection, transition, change, honesty, growth, loving & helping others, having integrity, doing my best, being easy on myself, enjoying this world, becoming well read, seeing the wonder of it all and never allowing fear to hold me back!

Monday, August 25, 2008

Megan, my first born................


I miss Megan right now. She is grown and in Chicago right now. Matter of fact I miss her so much that looking at this picture is making me cry. And I'm at work, so that's not cool.
I have loved babies and small children since I was a child. I couldn't wait to become a mama. When I became pregnant with Megan, it was literally that happiest moment of my life to date at that time. I loved everything about being pregnant and had the confidence of someone who had, had a million children already. When she was born......................oh, when she was born...........an angel. No, for real, I'm not braggin, she was gorgeous. She came right out of the shoot that way. Olive skin, light brown curly hair, big brown eyes..............stunning! I nursed her, like I'd been nursing all my life. Never had a bit of trouble. Something I have recently been made aware of does not always come that easily to everyone, and I feel bad for all those that have trouble nursing.
I was in awe of her as a baby and I dressed, bathed, fed and cared for her with an abundance of overflowing love. I say overflowing because everyone could see it in me and still comments on it today. She was my absolute everything, and both of my girls are still EVERYTHING to me to this day. I always say in job interviews when asked what is your greatest accomplishment: raising my two daughters.
I feel so passionate about this because from birth to 2nd grade, I had a very troubled and unstable life with my mother, who I adored, but always knew something was wrong (bipolar). She finally left us at a babysitter and was gone forever when I was in 2nd grade. I hurt in my heart and missed my mother in a way that is indescribable all these years. I knew at a very young age that I was going to be a good mommy because I was not going to be like my mom was to me.
Anywaser-back to Megan. She is amazing in every way! She is grown now. Got her B.A. in Latin American Studies from MIZZOU and her Masters in Anthropology from Berkley. She has traveled the world since she was in High School and continues to do so. More about her adventures another time. She just returned to the states from Seville, Spain where she was teaching English in the school there. Her husband, Jonathan, J or Johann, depending on my mood, gets to go where ever she goes because #1- he is awesome! and 2#- his job allows him to work from anywhere!


They are back in the states for several months waiting for their next adventure in Africa. This is where Megan and J will be volunteering: http://www.tostan.org/

While they are in the states they stay in Chicago with his sister, my house in middle Illinois, and his dads house east of St. Louis. I miss them and wish they were at my house this week:(

No comments: